Sunday, November 7, 2010

First Things First

I guess the logical place to start is to give some background info on myself and what things I have made already. I will share photos, inspiration, and my personal thoughts on improvement.

While I am currently a graduate student in the art education field, I have not been studying art for very long. I took my first art class my junior year of college, when I took drawing. I've always been creative, making all sorts of things, but I didn't start focusing that energy on art until I was about 20. Until then I used my creative impulses for singing, playing the piano, and arranging music. Now, I'm 25 and I've basically decided that art is the thing for me. I graduated with a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology and Spanish in 2008 from SFA, and I started graduate work in spring of 2009 with my printmaking class. I will graduate with my masters in May of this year, and I am beginning to work on applying for an MFA program in metals.

I had my first metals experience in summer 2009 during the Art Educators Retreat. I then took the intro metals class in Fall 2009, advanced metals in Spring 2010, and I am currently in advanced metals again right now. I'll start posting pics and things tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment